Friday, January 22, 2010

What media are people interesting in learning?

Since we went public about having a space I have had many, many generous people email me with offers of equipment and supplies. I'm amazed at the generosity and excitement that our beginnings of an art center are producing. I also am aware that we probably can't take everything offered simply for lack of space. We'll have to go out in the community more formally at some point to ask what people are interested in studying but in the meantime I thought I'd start by simply asking - please reply in comments (and if you read this in Facebook please come through to the blog to add your response).

Possible media for which we either have potential teachers and/or equipment offered:
drawing
perspective drawing
graphic design
watercolor painting
oil painting
encaustic painting (wax based paint)
ceramics
collage
lapidary
weaving
knitting
story telling
beading
glass bead making
jewelry/small metal work
songwriting
middle eastern dance
puppet making
artist journaling
bookmaking
anything else that you are interested in, know someone who might teach or just think is essential

No comments:

Post a Comment